Sunday 24 June 2012

Viva Decor Meets Stampendous

First of all I stamped the orchid using Stampendous Jumbo Cling Orchid stamp (CRS5032) onto a white piece of card and embossed the orchid with Stampendous aged black embossing enamel (FREG026). Using a dusting motion I colour tinted the orchid using Viva Decor's my paper world paper soft colours dark carmine red 402, Sunny yellow 202, and orange 300. Once I achieved the shading I wanted I cut out the orchid using some tweezer scissors. I inked up the word stamp from Viva Decor's my paper world silicone stamp set Happy Birthday (400301700) with Viva Decor's 3D Stamp paint using a mix of  carmine red 912 and copper 904 which i mixed on my heat proof craft mat. I stamped the image 3 times and on the 3rd stamp I masked off the bottom of the scalloped card so as not to get any words on the edge. I layered the orchid onto the card using some Pinflair Glue Gel.

In the version below I used vellum paper instead of white card stock, and instead of the black embossing enamel I used Stampendous shabby white embossing enamel (FREG027).This is a quick and easy way for all you who do parchment craft to colour tint your parchment. I used the Pinflair Glue gel on the back of the orchid in the areas with the most embossing powder, and instead of it being raised like the first version I spread the glue gel thinly. As a result the background words can be seen through the orchid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment